A Hollywood Republican

This blog is for an open discussion on politics. My views will be to the right as will be most of the posters. But, we are willing to post alternative viewpoints as lons as they are well thought out. I started this in response to the Obama election and will continue it as long as it feeds a need.

Dec 31, 2009

Happy New Year


2009 is over.  Probably the worst year in my adult life since 1991.  That recession almost cause my business to go under.  Thank God that this one has not effected me as badly.

But, there are many out there that have been effected by this recession in any number of ways.  There are the unemployed which would do anything for a decent job, there are business owners that would do anything to just break even; and, there are homeowners that would like to be able to pay their mortgages.

So, as a result, I say Good Riddance to 2009.

Let's pray that 2010 is better and that it be God's will for the War on Terror to end.  I also pray that it is God's will that we take back Congress to stop the madness in Washington.

To all of my friends and family I wish that you all have a safe, healthy and prosperous New Year.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year too! Just got a call from the east coast wishing me a happy bday. It is 2 hours later. Was 6am here but great call anyway.
I agree with you, 2009 had some politically awful things - and some personal ones too. And we won't talk about the $$$$$ losses!
Let's get it back, along with common sense in 2010!
Gammy Sparkles

January 1, 2010 at 5:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You folks did really well in 2009. Do not wear a hair shirt. Read “2009 Blog In review! Excellent!” under “Denial of the Truth” blog comments.

January 1, 2010 at 8:40 AM  
Anonymous KK said...

I have no idea what the above comment means and evidently nothing since they won't sign their name. I agree with you Frank,it was a horrible year. The only thing that will make 2010 better is if enough people are in- telligent enough to vote as many progressives out of office as possible. The silent majority must rise to the occasion. I believe they will.

January 1, 2010 at 4:48 PM  
Anonymous Ira said...

Don't agree with you KK. We need a balance in both houses or nothing will get done. Progressives and conservatives need to learn how to work together to fix this mess. Conservatives don't have all the answers either and certainly can't put this country on tract by themselves. Bi-partisan is a word both sides need to start using in their everyday vocabulary. Good piece Frank and Amen on most of it.

January 3, 2010 at 9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home